The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind everyone that the best way to keep your family safe is to watch a public fireworks display. By leaving the lighting to the pros, all you have to do is enjoy the show.
𝗢𝗯𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘄
Buy only legal fireworks -If it flies in the air, chances are it’s illegal
- Smoke Devices
- Party Poppers
- Snappers/Drop Pops
- Snakes (emit black ash)
- Ground Sparkling Devices
- Sparkling Wheel
- Firecrackers (explosive)
- Sky Rockets/Bottle Rockets
- Roman Candle (shoots flaming balls)
- Single Tube Devices (shoots flaming balls)
- Choose an open, level outdoor area—away from people, homes and dry brush.
- Wet down the area with a garden hose before lighting fireworks.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person and keep fireworks away from face & hair.
- Appoint a sober adult to light fireworks-Do not handle fireworks if you have been drinking alcohol.
- Protect pets-Keep them locked up inside, out of harm’s way.
- Have an adult supervise teens & never give fireworks to young children.
- Follow labeled directions.
- Light one firework at a time
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose nearby.
- Soak all used fireworks with water.
- Place them in a covered fireproof container located outdoors, away from buildings & brush.
Have a safe & fun 4th of July!